Sunday, October 23, 2005

Blogging before dawn...ZZZzzz

Another week has passed…which means another so called “eventful” week in small town Semenyih…So far I had survived almost 4 weeks,which is equivalent to 1 month’s worth of onslaught towards the life of a university boy…Time flies really fast when you least expect it,before you could even count the number of M&M’s in a packet,before you could even sip the first drop of Coke from its chilled bottle,before you could even say or express yourself how much someone means to you compared to a bag of Mr. Potato chips…etc…(why am I relating time with food anyway? Due to fasting month perhaps? =P )

First of all,my laptop is back in action…managed to exchange the laptop…well to another one which is the same brand and model…but nevertheless,I could smell “new-ness” of the laptop once I popped open the screen…the previous one had some problem due to…the motherboard was burnt!!! I was shocked,only used it for about 3 days and roughly 2 to 3 hours each session…already burnt?!! Probably cheap-stuff,pirated,second hand sort of thing…worst moment is that it failed me when I needed it…anyways,the new one still have not shown any signs of malfunctioning yet…at least for now…the most longest hour I spent running the laptop was 9 hours straight(read ahead to find out) without any stops and no air-conditioning…so far,so good…still haven’t obtained “my” SIRIM approval yet =P

Lab sessions had begun way earlier from this current post,thanks to the number of assignments…I barely find the time to blog and less time to get some shut-eye…My first lab report cost me to be a “temporarily zombie” for a few days…that’s what happens if one does things the last minute…no choice,damn blur,don’t understand the concept of the experiment,couldn’t find the lecturer to ask,less likely to have a “group meeting” with my “randomly” choosen labmates cuz they are as blur as me,etc…Panickedly got everything done on the night before the due date,the sounds of tapping on the keyboard was heard from 9pm till 6am…finally it stopped as I decided to Shut Down my laptop as well as myself too…slept for 2 hours and woke up at 8am to go to university. During the Computer class session,seized the opportunity to type out the last few remaining details. Once it was done…it is done,felt slightly better…but then,another lab report is due the following week,which is on the 25th October,Tuesday
=( *frustration*
Moral of the “short” story: DONT DO THINGS LAST MINUTE…IT’S A KILLER!!!
(As I am typing this entry,I am also in the midst of doing the 2nd lab report…haha,multi-tasking)

Apparently,I had been “randomly” chosen as the “group leader” for my lab group…consisting of one Malay girl and a Sri Lanka girl…both of them are ok…cooperative,in a way…but sometimes I feel that I am the one doing the most,not during the experiment,but after…where it is the time to figure out how to calculate the values,discuss certain given questions,to *ehem*ehem “edit” certain data obtained from the results,etc…For example,I decided to have a group meeting the following day,which is the day after the experiment where we already have all the required datas…so I assumed that everyone of us went back to crack our heads and see what each other has to say the other day…well,surprise-surprise…the only “idiot” who did it was me…

The previous Thursday(also due date of 1st lab report,at 4.30pm) which I decided to stay back till 4.30pm to ask questions regarding the 2nd experiment,Malay girl went back happily at 2pm,cuz she was sick and manage to ask for an extension to hand up her report (which I could go back too since I had already finished mine,provided if I am EVIL to keep everything to myself and hand up the lab report without hesitation). I sense that the Sri Lanka girl was in need of help, so I helped her,let her “refer” to my lab report…in the end hand up in time and used the last few minutes to ask the lecturer,before the shuttle bus from campus to Kajang KTM station leaves at 4.30pm…as I rushed towards the “meeting” point…lugging my baggage and my laptop…I saw that there wasn’t a single soul at the designated spot…I knew that I’ve already missed it…AIH~ >=( so waited for the next one at 5.45pm,while sitting down at the cafeteria with almost depleted amount of energy and the 2nd experiment paper in hand,to figure out…

On the positive side,I joined the Music Club…dunno why I did it,but just wanted to find something to past the time,among the other clubs and societies that were featured on Fresher’s Day. Always wanted to play music instead of listening to one,either guitar or drums,to classical melodic type of instruments such as the humble piano. Its also good to know that they are friends and others out there that you can rely on in need of help,particularly for assignments and other non-related to academic stuff =P No worries,I scrub your back as well as you scrub mine too =) Eating together also brings joy and laughter to the companions around the dinner table,be it eating outside or having a pot-luck in the dining hall of our humble abode. Sometimes I felt that life is meaningless as I bury myself with assignments most of the time…but in a way,there are times where I just let everything go haywire for a moment…feels great…well,till the extend when I decided to resume back to “ass-ignments” =P

By the way,did I mentioned before that I had a roommate that had just moved in? Well,not recently,but it actually had been roughly 3 weeks…some overseas guy from Bangladesh,a Muslim,quite humble and a bit clumsy at times. But anyway,he is now my ex-roommate as he had managed to get an accommodation lot in the campus compounds. Good for it is difficult for him to travel around and mix with pork-lovers(haha,all the occupants of the house are currently Chinese) like us during dinner time =P So if anyone wanna come over,be my guest…I cant guarantee it is a 5 star status hotel,but heck it beats sleeping in the streets.

I think that’s all I can say about at this moment…my mind is still focused on the “completion” of my 2nd lab report as time dwindles by for every second I use to press the relevant keys on my keyboard. I was thinking of getting a digital camera,so that I can take pictures and can even post up “interesting” sights on da blog,see first…for now it remains as a “maybe” status. It is around 3am now,Sunday and raining heavily outside…time to get some sleep…try to update often I will…but for now,it is not…Farewell…ZZZzzz…


At Monday, October 24, 2005 10:53:00 PM, Anonymous craigy said...

woah...seems like ur lugging the whole world on your back. Don't worry lar, you'll get used to it in a while. then you'll be an assignement gobblin machine! haha. muslim room mate huh? didntcha try givin him pork and saying it was something else? haha just kidding. Good luck and stay healthy my man!


Post a Comment

<< Home