Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Registering mayhem

As time passes by,the number of days left till university life begins is slowly but surely numbered…yesterday was the registration day and today was the induction day…so today I got my timetable,some MORE forms to fill in and had a slight briefing or introduction as how things are going to turn out in university for the next few coming days…

On registration day,students from all over the place/world…would be coming to this “faraway” place…mainly are the students who are undertaking Engineering or Computer Science courses as it is the appointed date for these batch of newbies to come…I think that the university should at least span the registration day for a couple of days instead of trying to sort out EVERYTHING in one day cuz I assume that there will be plenty of students,for the course,coming on that same day…so once I had filled in some forms handed down to me,I proceeded to make the payment in the desired room…everything was going smoothly,there were like maybe 12 counters operating at the same time…once that was done,I thought it is time to go back,but the lady told me to go to the next room to claim my student ID card…so there I go…

As I entered the room…there was a LONG line of students waiting for the development of their student ID card…why? Because there was only ONE miserable digital camera to take pictures,which would then be transferred into a computer and then printed on a card…what is the point if there are PLENTY of staff members in the room but only ONE camera?!! It doesn’t make the whole process go faster,rite? This is far more worst than going to the immigration office to make your Identity card…Heh,collect money from us very fast lah,but the “other” things do slow-slow…tsk,tsk,tsk… >= I

Once that was over,to the accommodation office I go to check the well-being progress of my humble abode cuz according to the person in charge,it would be ready by the earliest on 20th September…hehe,guess not which is after I found out that the off-campus houses(which I am staying in),had yet to be allocated of which student stays in which house!!! Looks like things are pretty screwed up around here…This accommodation “problem” should’ve been done earlier than the registration day,considering that some students,from overseas or just live somewhere far-far away,might be settling in early!!! According to the fella,now it is said that we’ll know by this coming FRIDAY…better make it quick,cuz studies commences on MONDAY and I’ll be moving in on SUNDAY… >= I

In a way,the University of Nottingham is indeed a prestigious university…but the management is lacking or we just say that it plains SUCKS…since from day one where I submitted my application form till now,I am still doubtful of their “services”…everytime I overhear the advertisement on radio regarding about the university,this “feeling” is always present…It’s like a game of baseball,STRIKE ONESTRIKE TWOSTRIKE THREE!!! YOU’RE OUT!!! In this case,the “batter” for the Nottingham team is “out” for sure…but then,everyone makes mistakes…no one is perfect,since everything is done in a rushed-up manner and they are trying their best to please everyone…I’ll forgive them,your team had been awarded a 2nd chance…use it wisely,don’t let everyone down…

Now,the ranting aside…as you all know…or mostly all of you know…that the highly anticipated current CG movie created by the masterminds behind a well-known company in the video-gaming industry,SQUARE-ENIX,is already out!!! I am obviously talking about FINAL FANTASY VII:ADVENT CHILDREN…another good job done by this company under my “Respect” list…although I didn’t played the Final Fantasy VII game before,although there are certain things in the movie which I couldn’t understand unless the game is played before as a background information…but overall I feel very satisfied after watching it…the storyline sometimes feels a little bit blur,perhaps it was the weirdly translated into English subtitles,since the dialogue is in Japanese…gotta learn Japanese language!!! =P Action scenes were wild-crazy-intense-etc… The moment you blinked your eyes,you’ll definitely miss the fluidity of those eye-candy scenes…So make sure you don’t blink,even if you have to stick duct-tape to your eyes to keep em’ open ; ) Suitable for especially the Final Fantasy fans…or anyone who loves good ol’ action or CG type of movies…a must see =)

Time for me to log off now,hehe…still haven’t start packing up my stuff to bring along to my crib in Semenyih(which is the location of the campus) Anyways,will be moving out around Sunday afternoon…I thank those who had been around to help/cheer/talk/accompany/etc…me while I am still around…and to those who are going to the same university as I am…I’ll see ya there in times to come…
Cheese logging off… ; )

Final Fantasy VII's protagonist,Cloud,with his trusted cool-slick motorbike,Fenrir,puts all the other Moto GP bikes and Harley Davidsons out there to shame!!! =P

1 Comments:

At Thursday, September 22, 2005 1:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... ur blog is like a novel. lol.. anyway helllo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home