Friday, July 01, 2005

First day on da job...

Cheese reporting for duty on Day one…a part-time job he has found…
location,1 Utama…type,catering…restaurant,*Classified Information*

Just filled in the application form yesterday and Voila…instantly got the job…never even interview me…hmmm,I guess they must be desperate…anyway,I am just a humble low ranked worker…today,I am only a newbie…a recruit…a LEVEL 1 hero…basic training for the beginner such as cleaning up the tables,setting up the tables,serving the food and drinks were my errands for today as it is for the next few days…I discovered that it is not easy doing this type of job,it doesn’t suit my style…oh well,everything has its beginning
Why,if you may ask? To me it is pretty fussy,from petty ones such as cannot lean on the counter table,cannot put my hands in my pocket…to even fussy stuff like,everytime I have to serve something,I MUST use the tray as though it is my best friend in the whole wide world…only have one glass of water,STILL have to use the tray…to set up the table with tissue and cutlery set ALSO have to use the tray…man,what is with them with the tray thingy? Izzit some sort of religion or something? Sorry,I am more aware or used to the Chinese coffee shop style =P but hey,you gotta do what you gotta do >=P

In my point of view,it seems to be that there were too little staff members…so sometimes I felt that I am doing 2 persons job at the cost of 1 person,me…maybe I should ask my pay to be doubled in that case =P Business seems normal,quite slow in the morning,then hectic in the afternoon,lunchtime…mah,then slow again in the evening…I suppose it should be hectic again during dinnertime as I had already left before that time…worked from 11am till 5pm,NO in between breaks,the only fuel that kept my body engine running was only one Roti Canai and a glass of Teh Tarik,damn hungry…so when my time is up,I felt like Fred Flinstone who had just finish his work and proceeded to slide down the dinosaur’s tail screaming YABA-DABA-DOO!!!

So far,so good…I guess…haven’t broken or spilled anything yet…belum dimarah teruk-teruk lagi but lectured me “not to do this”,“not to do that”,“do it like this”,“do it like that”,etc…etc…Haha,Elvis Presley songs were played continuously…cannot remember how many times I listened to “Jailhouse Rock” for the day already,quite tired now,cant think of anything else to say…aih~tomorrow would be from 12(afternoon) till 10pm,crazee…weekends some more,surely will be HELL!!!
Cheese signing out for now… =)

2 Comments:

At Saturday, July 02, 2005 10:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh where u workin lar? haha..the tray thing is standard. must use tray for everythin. im serious, cos i learn it in class. so hows the food and beverage world? sucks huh? haha now u kno why i hate it

 
At Wednesday, July 06, 2005 9:13:00 AM, Blogger misssiah said...

seriously..where r u working??? come and haunt u la..
;-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home