Sunday, December 03, 2006

“Walk-walk Find Food”(Jalan-jalan Cari Makan…)

First and foremost…I know that by updating this entry with “another food post” will/might make other readers feel angry/envy/hungry? …Hehe,perhaps I should rename this blog to something else…Food for the Hungry Cheese’s Soul?(sounds lame,thus consideration to rename it shall not be considered at all)…Didn’t really have the time to do any “interesting” post for the time being(usually I prefer to associate my post with pictures,so if there isn’t any pictures,hence no post about it)…errmmm…food can be considered “interesting” rite? =P Quite occupied with courseworks and others are busy as well,so not much outing nowadays…

Enough of the boring part…time to view some “bothersome” pictures =P


On the day of my birthday(by now,it would seem to be some time ago)…went all the way to SS2 to have lunch with my family…

Randomly choosed to go eat at this place…Nutri-Pot

We ordered some sort of fish dish…

Raw ingredients presented…sushi but without rice? =_=”

Then,one of the workers came to mix all the stuff like Rojak…

…and dump practically everything into the stainless-steel frying pan,on top of an electric hot plate…fry-fry…*sizzles*

Basically,its just like cooking at home…except with a gimmick of showing off an electrical cooking device in the middle of the table with a hole in it,to impress “jakun” people…

Food is cooked and ready to be eaten…Itadakimasu!!!(Japanese saying before eating…meaning something like,“I humbly accept”)


Now fast forward…to roughly about 2 weeks after that…


Was invited to a wedding dinner…my dad’s boss punya daughter wedding…at first didn’t wanna go,if its those Chinese dinner(very long)…turns out that it isn’t…

Furthermore,it’s a buffet…in STARHILL!!! The place is called Jogoya…(couldn’t find the huge signboard at the entrance…maybe don’t have one,so took this picture instead…a sticker that customers are suppose to stick on their shirt…feel like a tourist on a group tour =P )

So…as a true “Malaysian”…I couldn’t say no to this offer and decided to go =P

As I walked towards the reserved tables for this particular event…making sure not to get lost in the process,as this place is kinda like a maze…dim-lighting doesn’t favour my
SE k750i for photo-taking…as can be seen from the “economy-classed seats for two” picture taken above,excuse the minor bad quality of photos ; )

The restaurant is a Japanese buffet,so expect the usual Japanese meals such as Sashimi,Teppanyaki and Tempura…as well as other minor non-Japanese meals like Dim Sum,Chinese,Western,Italian,BBQ,etc…

It would be very wrong and contradicting if the place doesn’t serve SUSHI!!! This is the closest picture I can get…any closer,my SE k750i would be “eating” the sushi instead…and there are people queuing behind me(must be pissed…“Why-lah this fella taking pictures instead of taking the food?!!” =P At least I chose the time when there isn’t much people around and “ngam-ngam” still got sufficient sushi to be in the picture ; ) But then,these are the “cheap” type of sushi(besides the Unagi=eel)…the “expensive” ones at another section mainly got eaten already,in other words “kena sapu dah”)

On a side note…the adventurous side of me finally tasted…SNAILS!!! Or Escargot? Well,it was labeled Japanese Snails…not that bad,hehe…tasted kinda like squid

Mini coconut drinks…

Aha!!! Who says that Malaysia don’t have snow? Eeerrmmm…ok,in this case “Man-made snow that looks like fallen snow” =P

Moving on…we have…

Mr. Teppanyaki in action!!! Actually,I think people will be wondering why this odd fella wearing a green shirt(me) is going around snapping pictures with his cameraphone…a secret agent…a spy? Maybe I should get a DSLR camera and a fake ID tag…also try to act “professional” =P

Last but not least…the dessert section…

There are more sections,but I just chose to snap a few pictures and post em’ up…More cakes again?!! Cake-phobia since ate too many cakes on birthday…by now should be cured already ler,hehe…


Of course,must thank the organisers of this event…the new lovely weds,Chee Ghee and Peck Sim…“Pai-seh” if just come and eat only,not knowing the people who sponsored,haha…Blessings for the future to both of them!!! Hmmm…perhaps I should have “Ta-pau” some stuff for my housemates in TTS since I am going back to there straightaway after this dinner…actually,by the time I reached back to TTS…it was kinda late already and all of em’ were asleep…lols

Time to get back to coursework-ing…staring back at the computer screen…sooner or later I think I am gonna go blind…lols

Credit goes to Wei Sun(Sayaka) for sending me these oddly looking pictures…that some of you might notice…appearing on my MSN Messenger display picture recently…with different moods(reflecting myself)…Hehe,I guess Sayaka misses Japanese food in UK? And I think Melissa too…lols =P

4 Comments:

At Sunday, December 03, 2006 11:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I do miss Japanese food.
And why are there so many pics of good food in ur blog! Make me hungry only!

 
At Monday, December 04, 2006 10:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There were over 200 varieties

 
At Monday, December 04, 2006 8:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!i also wanna makan.....!!!!!

cis i waiting for my lunch time now.. feel so hungry ==

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 2:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha...jogoya huh?? havent had the chance to try it. wonder y didnt see it when we were at starhill with munz...hmmm... nyway ur blog shud jz change to a food review column...haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home