Friday, February 03, 2006

The post of Chinese New Year...

Few days of Chinese New Year has passed,what had I’ve been doing? Hmm,compared to the yesteryears of this so called “eventful” occasion,it seems that this year is almost the same(boring),with a few exceptions. Oh well,at least there are holidays to be spared…

As we all know(well,those who know…),that on Chinese New Year’s Eve,a Reunion Dinner will be held and all the family members from all over the place will be having their meals together under one roof. Meeting other relatives again,collecting Ang Pows,exchanging gifts,fireworks+firecrackers,perhaps some gambling…it all feels like some sort of fresh new start in the Year of the Dog. As I watched pesky little youngsters running around,playing to their hearts content…I began to think that when we were all once young and naive,playful and carefree…no need to bother anything else in the world besides our own little universe…no stress,no worries,no problems~the childhood years…And now as we grow older,we face the adversaries of life that are unavoidable,bear responsibilities,everyday is a continous stream of unknown events that slowly but surely constructs us to be adults…before you know it,the cycle continues to our next generation…Haha,I sounded like so “Uncle” mentioning all these grandfather stories…

Seldom visit my other relatives…because we expect them to be here…haha,laziness…but some of my father’s friends drop by though…Nothing much to watch on TV besides those Chinese New Year advertisements,Chinese New Year music videos,some Chinese award ceremony stuff that I don’t bother,etc…(Note:No Astro)…Hehe,but this year,on Tuesday,went out with friends to do some “Trick-or-Treating”…in other words,to go around each other’s house for “visiting purposes” as well as to collect Ang Pows like loan-sharks,MWAHAHAHA >=D Yes-yes,my faraway home had been targeted as well(No,its not TTS in Semenyih!!!),seems kinda alien to most of them since no one practically comes to my place or even dared to venture to this unknown abyss,except for a few(only Craig),haha…Nice to see them around since some of them just came back from overseas or it is just that I’ve been staying in a very “secluded” area for too long…for University marrr…Speaking of University,there had been no news regarding examination results…izzit a good thing or bad? Who cares…it’ll eventually come!!! <=(

Getting bored at home although it is the holidays…Would like to go to Williams again before I return back to the crappy yet unreasonable priced Cafeteria meals in Campus. Heck,I wouldn’t be surprised if they decided to increase the price due to the “festive period” >=P By the way,I’ve just activated my Friendster account recently(although it states Nov 2005 =P )…so I am still in the process of adding as well as being added…Testimonials will be written to those I truly know or if I just feel like writing one…just be patient,I need to know some new faces more in depth…cannot “cincai-cincai” write one ler…hehe excuses =P A few pictures below,goodbye for now ; )


Hmm,speaking of Ang Pows,here is a rare one…my father's sister gave it to a few of us…its a RM50 commemorative note for the Commonwealth Games held in Malaysia(1998)







The back view of the banknote…anyone else out there have this? Well…I know I have one,WAHAHAHAHA!!! >=D









Beware!!!
The Red “Ah Beng” of Chinese New Year is on the loose!!!
Run for your lives!!! >=P

3 Comments:

At Friday, February 03, 2006 11:44:00 AM, Blogger misssiah said...

u look freaking gangster-like..in that last pic wei...i can't believe i'd say this but, "i'm scared of the cheese stick!"

 
At Saturday, February 04, 2006 2:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wahaha...cool note. nope i guess nobody has it. prob ur aunt got snitches in the banks...yeah thats how she got it...=P man it feels special to be one of the only ones who knows how to get to your place...hehe like some kinda secret hideout or something. hehe damn red till my eyes pain man, what the hell u wearing? even I wouldn't pose like that...hehe

 
At Monday, February 06, 2006 2:39:00 AM, Blogger Yu Ming said...

dude...i'll pay u 500 for that note!! haha!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home