Monday, June 26, 2006

Job sessions...

Work…work…work…that’s what I had been doing for the majority of my initial days of holidays…doesn’t sound like holidays to me though…if memory serves me right,just after a few days when I returned from my Redang trip,off I go back to the realm of part-time working again.

It started as an offer from my neighbour,he says that he is in need of workers for his roadshow event. His company manages events and during that time,it was currently held in Ikano Power Centre. It was some sort of recycling event(aimed at lil’ kiddies) and the main sponsor for that particular event was TetraPak…you know,those packet-drinks that you drink from,everyday in your life? They are the ones who manufacture those packaging,with the slogan of “Protect what’s good”…geez,see I can even remember it due to countless repeated times of the advertisement and being air-ed by the DJ,throughout the whole event…in all different languages…I think I had been hypnotised…in a hidden way!!! =P As you can see,that I’ve agreed to help out since the event was kinda short,about 5 days only for me as I’ve “hopped on the wagon” a little bit late. What I had to do…hmmm,let me think…“kuli” work such as carrying stuff(tables,drinks,etc…)…sometimes help out with some art stuff(using recycled materials) for the kiddies,make sure they don’t cut off their fingers or “other parts”…passing out pamphlets(which I hate to do,jobs such as these are definitely not suitable for me)…and also giving out balloons!!! It is a skill though,when the balloon is inflated…it must not be too big(or else it’ll burst easily)…it must not be too small(kiddies don’t want their balloons to be smaller than their…errr…“parts”)…must be just the right size…just like a plastic surgeon who knows what size is best for their client’s “parts”,lols =P Once that was over,I thought I was done…or so I thought…it seems that the next journey for this event is all the way north to PENANG!!! I cant refuse(I couldn’t =P )…so I packed my bags and off I went to Penang for a few days…not for holidays,but for work…(To be continued…)

Onto another work…halfway throughout the event,I got a phone call…from none other than my previous job last year(refer back to older posts please)…asked whether I wanna work again or not…I was thinking of either working somewhere else and also contemplating of not working so soon(preferred to start in July)…feeling lazy of finding another job,I agreed again…they called me some more,haha…sounded like some sort of Mission Impossible movie…“Should you accept this mission…blah-blah-blah”…then my handphone would self-destruct in 5 seconds =P So here I am,back at the old place of the same old job…so far I had been working for half-days only(it only had been 3 half-days of work) and I decided to have off days twice in a week(for the month of June only)…feeling lazy again,haha…I would be resuming my full-days of work in July onwards with only 1 off day in a week…only in that way,I could obtain enough $$$ to purchase…(1)Handphone…lost the old one (2)External hard disk…insufficient hard disk space in laptop (3)Recover back my expenses…for trips,belanja makans’,etc…Business had been slow lately,I guess its due to World Cup season,fast-food outlets and Mamaks’ too,would be making lotsa money,haha =P Good ler,less things to do for me during work…but on weekends should be more people ler…

Now onto something else besides work,recently one of my friend’s birthday just passed. So,the usual planning of belated birthdays celebration was done…a simple dinner meal. We were not suppose to disclose our presence(only some close friend of hers will) till that day comes…testing her reaction of course. When everyone arrived,then its time to feast…the venue is Shogun,in 1 Utama…Japanese buffet~baby…it also serves Korean and other non-raw food as well…Yeah…picture time once again =P I’ll hafta make-do with the pictures that she sent to me,although there are others that I want and she is currently busy with organizing her Scout Camp stuff(in other words,dun wanna kacau-kacau =P )…haha,I am a Scout-retiree already since the end of Form 5…still knowledgeable ok? Don’t pray-pray =P So here goes,credit goes to Wei Sun for the pictures =D


Now for the record…first time ever in the history of Cheese…the first Japanese buffet he had ever been!!! The food there was ok…I kinda got bored after trying to eat ALL the sushi that I can ever eat cuz the variety wasn’t much,I wanna eat all the weird different looking ones…in other words uncommon sushi for adventurous eaters =P lols,but not blowfish ler,that one is for over-adventurous eaters

(Apologies to Eddie for not asking him there cuz he once told me to call him if I ever wanted to go for Japanese(Sushi) buffet…anyways,I think he is either in Penang or Malacca during that moment…next time,ok? Now kinda broke already…)


An example of a proper picture…with birthday girl,Wei Sun,at the back


…An example of an improper picture -_-" trying to promote the restaurant but the flash that was emitted from the camera had to ruin everything!!! Lols =P


Finally,it ends with a group picture…3 Musketeers at the back…from left to right,Nicholas(Wei Sun’s friend,just only met),ME and Wei Hao(Classmate in Taylors,now in Nottingham University(Malaysia),which is the same university as me but different course-Mechanical Engineering,met Wei Sun through him)…4 ladies in the front…also from left to right,Li Huey(Wei Sun’s friend,just only met),Melissa(Met lately in Taylors,classmate as well as close friend of Wei Sun,I didn’t knew she was in Damansara Jaya secondary school(my school)…till the day she was introduced to me in Taylors…ironically,she is in the class next to mine and does know me a bit…which means I am famous,haha…in a way =P ),Wei Sun(Birthday girl,met in Taylors,now studying Law,she is Japanese Crazy I tell you…I think maybe she’ll marry a Japanese guy and migrate to the Land of the Rising Sun =P ) and Xian Ai(Met her in Taylors,classmate as well as a close friend of Wei Sun,quite active in Scouts affairs in her secondary school in Taman Sea…rite?)

Sigh…looks like I cant watch Formula 1 on TV anymore cuz weekends are full-days of working…only can watch World Cup lah…since it is aired as late as 3am…but now cannot watch ALL the remaining matches…normal TV does not broadcast 11pm matches,but only 3am matches…with exception to Semi-finals,3rd&4th placing and of course the Finals. Lousy channels…that’s why I only use my TV to watch VCD’s/DVD’s and play games on my PS2 >=P So “Astro-less” people like me would hafta find an alternative way to watch…time to go to your local Mamak!!! Maybe I’ll watch certain matches in Mamak (the fun way)…or else just go sleep and wait for SMS in the next day from Maxis to tell me the results(the NOT fun way)…I’ll still watch the 3am matches although the following day has work…yup,this only occurs once in every 4 years,so just savour it as much as one can…FOOTBALL-MANIA!!! =P

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 27, 2006 11:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

work work work huh? well i guess its work out of necessity...i wonder how the situation wud b if u didnt lose ur fone...hehe...

anyway dun worry la world cup wud prolly oni get exciting when it reaches the semis...hehe

tried d japanese buffet huh? wanted to go that day to try..but i think if u say not much selection then mayb i guess ill pass lo

 
At Sunday, July 16, 2006 1:59:00 AM, Blogger -Oracl3-© said...

heyz.. i just realized u edited the post heheh.. i was kinda free n was re reading some of ur old posts hahah.. cos well.. intersting ma.. the way u put it as always hehhe.. so neway thanks for editing the post :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home